The mission of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Wayne State University School of Medicine is to advance the field of musculoskeletal medicine, science, and surgery through the education of medical students, residents, other physicians, and the public in general; a process which utilizes basic science and clinical research, as well as excellent patient care.
By integrating our skills, knowledge and enthusiasm, we will be a premier academic program in orthopaedic surgery. Our high quality faculty and staff utilize state-of-the-art facilities to provide the finest in research, teaching, and patient care.
- New ACGME-accredited residency started at Oakwood Healthcare in 2009.
- Over 500 (WSU School of Medicine and WSU Resident graduates) practicing orthopaedic surgeons nationwide.
- Two outpatient locations – Dearborn and Troy.
- Services a market area of 1.0 million people.
- Expertise in Hip and Knee Surgery, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Hand Surgery, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Patellofemoral Malallignment and Limb Deformity.
- Biomedical Engineering Research Center at WSU.
- Over 75-year history of serving the Detroit area – patient care, education, and research.
Chair: Lawrence G. Morawa, M.D.
Administrator: Rana El Jaroudi
Clinical office locations include: Dearborn (main office) and Troy.
For patient appointments, please call: 313-438-7970. Our fax number for the Dearborn office is: 313-438-7975.